Membership Benefits Explained
1. What makes our featured Fall and Spring Shows so special? Violet’s Attic and Curiouser and Curiouser are created and conceived by our co-Artistic Directors Erin Brindley and Terry Podgorski. They receive a 45 performance run while the other shows this season receive a 28 performance run.
2. What is Nordo’s Nightcap? Two evenings during the Fall and Spring show production run where - should you book your member ticket on this night - you will receive an extra beverage post-show and the chance to mingle with members of the Nordo company and cast.
3. What is a Convert-A-Friend Ticket? A CAF ticket is booked just like your member tickets, through your Concierge. This is a chance for you to invite a friend who is new to Nordo to join your party and become “converted” into our delicious family. CAF tickets do not include the wine/cocktail flight (though you can upgrade at the performance if you wish).
4. What is the Pressure Cooker? The Pressure Cooker is a new works program that exists to give emerging local artists the opportunity to take risks in the Nordo playground with a limited budget and time constraints. In August, we provide rehearsal time, feedback sessions, stage construction aid, marketing, menu development, and one week of unfettered access to Nordo’s and staff for tech and performances.
5. What are Rollover tickets? If your schedule or interest prohibits you from attending a particular production in the season you may “roll-over” your ticket to another production. For example, if you have a Tasting Menu membership, but are not in town for the run of our Pressure Cooker in August, you can move that ticket to another show in the season you are able to attend, and have two member tickets for that production. Just alert your Adorable Member Concierge!
6. What is the Slow Cooker? New this season, we will be offering three playwrights time, space, and funding to workshop new projects over the course of several months as part of our brand new experimental new works program. Slow Cooker readings, workshops and performances will take place in The Knife Room at Nordo.
7. What is a Meet the Artist Salon? This in not your stuffy talkback situation! On a Tuesday night during the run of our Fall and Spring shows, your Adorable Member Concierge will host a party complete with parlour games, bubbly, and snacks for our members and the cast and crew of the featured show.
8. What is a Micro-Kitchen? You are invited to the home of co-Artistic Director and Executive Chef Erin Brindley to taste and test her menu for the featured Fall and Spring show. Our guests will get a chance to give feedback on the food, wine and cocktails that are being considered…and get a sneak peek of the process of making an immersive theatrical dining experience. Members at the Tasting Menu level or higher will be able to attend one Micro-Kitchen per season.